Please find below further re-opening details. You will receive additional communications from your child’s respective school division towards the end of this week outlining any times your child is scheduled to attend either on-campus or online orientations, or when parent orientations are being held for parents of our younger students.
We understand that some of you are experiencing difficulty opening the form links in our re-opening communication sent earlier today. Please find the links again below.
If your 12:50 finishing time Early Childhood/Early Years child will use our Late Service for car children who leave school with older siblings at 1:50, please complete this form: https://forms.gle/guWbF9w64YeNVkX19
If your child in the Junior School goes home by car with a student in the Senior School at the end of the day, please complete this form once for each of your Junior School aged children.
We are proud to announce that the El Alsson Uniform is fully available on Souq.com as of this week.
The Uniform Shop at school is closed and no merchandise is available at school nor from any other vendor other than SOUQ.
Souq offers free shipping on orders over 350 LE.
Souq sizes vary from 3 up to 16 followed by small (18) and Medium (20).
If your child requires a bigger size, please send an email with a clear order with item, size and quantity to email@example.com to make an order. (Only available for sizes larger than Medium (20))
Link for El Alsson Landing Page on Souq
Yesterday, we are sure many of you heard the announcement from the Ministry that International schools are not allowed to open until September 15th.
There seems to be some debate about exactly what the new decision is saying so let’s keep it simple as far as we understand it:
• As of today, we will open the school on September 15th as required by the Ministry of Education.
• Previously we had planned to open on September 6th.
So, our new adjusted plan is as follows.
• If we had opened as planned on 6th September, we would have spent time during that first week doing necessary ‘administrative’ work with parents and students. These issues include parent orientations, parent handbooks, student handbooks and lots of small sessions we were planning to do with students about how the school now works, what they have to understand, and what we expect of them.
• So as we are opening a week later, what we plan to do is to start dealing with all these issues on-line from September 6th and doing some curriculum overviews with older children, so when students come in on September 15th , we will have used the time as best as we can and we should be able to focus just on teaching from day one.
You will get detailed schedules soon along with more information on how the school is going to work in September.
Colin Rogers, Soumaya Amr, Karim Rogers, Allison Fleet and Matt Topliss.
Directors and Principals.
We apologise that we have been unable to declare fees until now but obviously we have been working in unprecedented circumstances, so trying to make predictions has been extremely problematic. We ask parents to also remember that we have to predict fees and expenses annually from sometime in March or April in the current academic year until the following August of the next academic year and during the year, unlike other businesses, we are not allowed to change or adjust our fees.
We now have our fees schedule finalized as best as we can. With the school opening on September 6th we are asking that the August instalment is completed by that date .
- A gentle reminder: if you have not paid the April instalment please check with registrar that your place is still available.
- The August payment must be made by the deadline in order to receive your class details and online login for the new academic year 2020-2021
AUGUST INSTALMENT : DUE BY SUNDAY 6TH SEPTEMBER.
- You can pay in cash at school, or on your credit card. If you would prefer you can now pay by credit card on-line via the PayFort link, or pay in instalments via the Payfort credit system at your own pace and ease. To learn more about the Payfort system, click here
- Bus fees will be discounted EGP3,500 per child on new bus fees for 2020-2021 for every student who used the bus last year and paid in full. This amount will be deducted from the October bus instalment.
- Newcomers are required to pay full bus fees on the instalment dates.
- If you decide not to use the bus this year, but you paid last year, you will still receive the refund credited against the general educational fees in October.
As mentioned above if the April and August fees are not paid on time we regret that we will not be able to provide you with your child’s class details or on-line access. Quite simply this means your child will not be able to attend school until they are paid, or if things change, study on-line.
Should you decide not to send your children to school that, of course, is your right, but to receive on-line materials and to keep your child’s place in the school, fees must be paid. You must also talk to the Head of your child’s section so we can plan to help and advise you.
Please click on the below link for important information regarding the start of the 2020-21 academic year
El Alsson Reopening Letter to Parents August 6th 2020
With all best wishes,
Colin Rogers, Soumaya Amr, Karim Rogers, Allison Fleet and Matt Topliss