El Alsson is a caring school committed to helping those less fortunate in our society.
We are rightly proud of all that we do and want to share this with you!!!
The Charity Committee helps 2 orphanages, 26 families in need and 2 surgical cases per annum.
1. Noor Al Iman Orphanage: 9 boys and 7 girls between 3-9 year olds
2. The disabled orphanage in Dahshour
*26 Families residing in Dar El Salam, Shabramant, El Zawya el Hamra, and Dahshour as well as Abees; a village beside Alexandria
*Annually, we support and sponsor 2 surgical cases
Families: (poor families and 4 families with orphan children with no father)
• Payment of rent for the ones in need.
• Providing medications.
• School Tuition Fees.
• Furniture needed for their homes to enhance their welfare and living conditions.
• If need be, surgical or medications as well.
• Purchased fans for Noor Al Iman as well as a Television and a Washing Machine. We also bought dried food, toys and old clothes for the children.
• We provided Dahshour with medications, dried food and some old clothes.
• For one of the families we support; (Aleya @Dar El Salam), we changed 2 knees for Aleya’s 16 year old daughter.
• Fatma; we have tested the instrument she needs to get implanted to check if her body will accept or reject it before we actually purchase the instrument. And thankfully, her body responded well and now we need to raise funds to purchase it and implant it in Fatma to help her move.
• Mahmoud Hamdy; a member of one of the families we support, needed monthly injections (Domoor El Ghodda) – Since November 2012
Special thanks go to El Alsson School owners and all members of El Alsson Community for raising over 55,000 LE for the families in need as well as 20,000 LE for the 2 operations performed last year.
Charity Plan for 2013-2014
For this academic year 2013-2014, we aim to sustain the support given to the families as well as the orphanages since we have already managed to make a difference with their lives and provide them with decent living conditions. However, we intend to help them sustain their own income as well by providing them either with work, help in initiating a small business like a Kiosk or shop or even helping them out with their debts to start new.
At Dar El Iman Orphanage: We need to find a better place and location for them since they are in a rented facility in a remote area with no space for the children to play. We are searching for alternate locations which they can own. Moreover, we urge students, staff and parents to donate old un-needed electronic games and toys for the orphans to play with since they do not have the luxury of space to play with cars and bicycles and toys which enhance their large motor skills. We also intend to invite them on trips to the school to use our facilities.
In addition to the above, we really want to commit to Fatma and Basmala (2 of the cases we have been supporting for over 2 years)
Fatma: the girl who was thrown out of the balcony by her husband 4 years ago which led to a broken Bone Marrow. We have managed to have 2 successful surgeries performed on her yet she still needs 2 more. Currently, she needs an instrument which will be implanted in her body to enable her to move in order not to develop stiffness in her bones. As for the future, and if we manage to find some breakthrough development with Bone Marrow surgery, we shall commit to helping her out.
Basmala: Basmala was born with a very deep hole in her heart and requires a couple of surgeries. We have managed to have one surgery for her 2 years ago when she was four, yet she still needs another surgery to go through.
DONATIONS NEEDED FOR THIS WINTER:
• Dried Foods
• Any old stuff would be useful for the families we support