As part of the school extended learning program, we are offering a culturally enriching, cross-curricular educational trip to London. Pupils will sample a variety of stimulating activities such as theatre productions, local art galleries, museums, film production sets and creative workshops as well as visiting local landmarks and sites.
The trip is open to all of KS4 and those studying Art in KS5. Students will be expected to take part in every activity during the week.
The trip has been scheduled to run during Spring Half Term 2016 leaving Cairo on Saturday 27th February and returning on Friday 4th March.
The cost for this trip will be approximately £1200 sterling. Once we have a better idea of the number of students interested and hotel confirmation, we will write to you to confirm the exact amount and specific itinerary.
The cost covers the following:
- Return overseas flights and airport coach transfers from London
- Six nights’ accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis
- All evening meals
- Travel card for London Underground
- Two West End Shows
- Two West End Drama Workshops
- Warner Bros Studio Tour (The Making of Harry Potter)
- Visits to the Tate Modern & Saatchi art galleries
- Visits to the Natural History and Science museums
- Visits to God’s Own Junkyard and The House of Illustration
- Sightseeing day inclusive of The Shard & Emirates cable car experience
- Shopping trip to Westfield or Oxford Street
- Travel Insurance
- UK Airport Assistance (Outbound Journey)
- 24 Hour emergency assistance service
COST OF VISAS ARE NOT INCLUDED AND THESE WILL NEED TO BE OBTAINED BY THE STUDENT/PARENT THEMSELVES BY THE 10TH JANUARY 2016 (AT THE LATEST)
This promises to be both an educational and exciting trip which will benefit the students in many ways. If you wish your child to take part please fill out the reply slip and return it, with a deposit of £500 sterling to Mrs Jenny (Art) by Thursday 29th October 2015 at the latest.
You should also include a copy of the passport page that has your child’s full name and correct up-to date details so that flight tickets can be booked and processed without any concerns.
Once the deposit has been paid, the remaining balance will be due on the following dates:
5000LE (Approx £450 sterling) by the 12th November 2015
£250 Sterling by 3rd December 2015
Please note that the deposit and any additional payments demonstrate a commitment to the trip and as such are non-refundable. However, if the trip does not run due to a lack of interest your payments will be refunded.
Adhering to school policy, student places on the trip are subject to attendance, homework and behaviour – all three should be of the highest standard as students are representing the school and country.
Thank you for your support,
Ms Julie Clarke & Mrs Jenny Barrett
Assistant Principal & Head of British Section Art & Design
El Alsson British and American International School